Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

So I have finally found a short moment to sit down and write this post.

I have been running around like crazy trying to get everything ready for ENYDCTA this weekend, and getting things ready for vacation which is right after that. The event is Sunday and we're leaving for vacation on Tuesday. I'm very excited for everything, it has just caused a lot of things to do.

I had a lesson today and we did some xc stuff. Ditches and banks. Ben was incredibly good and so was his flatwork! He was so relaxed through his back and really pushing with his hind end. He was reaching for my hand and just being generally agreeable. It was fantastic!

I have a dressage lesson tomorrow, a jumping lesson Friday, Ben's getting his new shoes Friday afternoon, and then we're off to the event on Saturday. Busy, but very exciting!

Yesterday I rode and did a lot of canter work. Walk-canter-walk, leg yielding at the canter, counter canter, etc. He was so good. Hopefully he'll keep all of this up for the weekend. I'm bringing my laptop to the event, so I think that I will post Saturday night with a virtual course walk.

This is all I have time to write, I have to go organize my trunk to bring to the barn tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment