Thursday, January 31, 2013

The "AHA!" Moment

Don't ya just love those awesome moments when something just clicks and you're like... "Why couldn't I do this six months ago?" That has been this whole week for me and I'm loving it!

I have a horse that is forward, engaged, in front of my leg while also reaching softly for the bit in the most lovely frame at all three gaits. And I'm not even sure what I'm doing differently but I like it!

Ben is getting a well deserved "play day" tomorrow because he's been doing lots of dressage work because I love doing dressage when its good. We'll probably goof off over ground poles and gallop around a bit. 

I also found a lovely place to go schooling in April with an epic water complex. No trainer necessary, and the schooling fee is super reasonable. Bring it on 2013!

Of course this is when I start getting cabin fever and begin obsessing over cleaning tack, and making packing lists for horse trials, and color coding my calendars and training schedules... Its a bad time for a Type A person like me who has too much time in the off season.

And also, here starts my constant countdowns: 72 days until the first show of the season! (Yeah...its that bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment